The Campus Biotech houses numerous human neuroscience research groups of the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) and of the University of Geneva. The EEG-BCI facility of the Fondation Campus Biotech Geneva offers state-of-the-art equipment and high-level expertise in EEG and BCI to these labs in order to give them the best possible environment to conduct their experiments.
Description du poste
The EEG-BCI facility is looking for a software engineer with strong experience in real-time signal processing, preferably of human electroencephalography (EEG) and brain computer interface (BCI), to develop, improve and maintain high-end closed-loop software. The work will be done in close collaboration with researchers of the Campus Biotech.
- Improve and maintain our existing closed-loop software to make it multi-platform and user-friendly
- Develop new solutions to integrate various EEG systems in the closed-loop
- Integrate other kinds of physiological signals (e.g. electromyography), non-physiological signals (e.g. accelerometers) and devices in the closed-loop system
- Customize the software in close collaboration with campus biotech researchers
- Advice researchers to setup and perform their EEG-BCI experiments
- Master degree or equivalent in engineering and/or Computer Science
Technical skills and experience
- Strong experience with real-time processing
- Experience with signal processing and machine learning
- Experience with EEG and BCI
- Experience with high density EEG and source localization is a plus
- High skills with software development, including graphical interface and multi-OS porting
- High programming skills with Matlab, C/C++ and Python
o Team player, autonomous, creative, and solution-oriented
o Proficient in English (mandatory) and in French (plus).
o Experience of working on different projects at the same time.
o Experience in multidisciplinary international groups
o Interest in human neuroscience, cognitive science, experimental psychology