The annual teaching seminar "Resonance - Affidea" is a round table that facilitates exchanges between the various specialists in osteoarticular imaging: radiologists, orthopaedic surgeons, rheumatologists, rehabilitation specialists, sports physicians and internists, whether they practice in hospitals or private practices, in Switzerland or in France. This second seminar will be devoted to the shoulder, which represents the second most frequent reason for consultation in osteoarticular pathology.
During these two days, all frequent shoulder disorders will be considered, including:
- The clinical presentation and diagnosis of shoulder disorders;
- Tendinopathies of the rotator cuff;
- The different types of mechanical conflicts;
- Assessment of the condition of the cuff muscles and its implications for the outcome of medical and surgical treatments;
- The different types of omarthrosis;
- Shoulder involvement in inflammatory rheumatism;
- Diagnosis and treatment of shoulder instabilities;
- Imaging after surgery for cuff tendon injury, instability or prosthesis.
- The presentations will integrate clinical data and data from all other imaging modalities, including radiography, ultrasound and MRI.
They will also be the subject of multidisciplinary discussions.
The organization of the seminar will meet specific pedagogical objectives. Structured educational presentations will be given on Friday morning and the same theme will be taken up in small group practical workshops in the afternoon; these workshops will be based on representative cases that will allow us to integrate new knowledge and modify our practices. On Saturday, presentations combining short theoretical talks and practical cases will illustrate the main facets of each condition. Workshops on dedicated imaging consoles, with direct access to clinical case files, will be organized on Saturday afternoon.
Finally, all the educational and practical presentations will be published in a complete book by Sauramps Médical. Participants will receive a copy during the seminar.
Pr Jean-Denis Laredo
University of Paris
Training credits granted for this seminar (face-to-face and virtual):
Swiss Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology: 16 points.
Swiss Society of Sports Medicine: 9 points.
Swiss Society of Radiology : 14 points.
Swiss Society of General Internal Medicine: 13 points.
Swiss Society of Rheumatology : 12 points.