The Software Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer will work both independently and collaboratively at the Wyss Center to facilitate the development of advanced implantable neurosensing and neuromodulation devices that are designed to collect real-time neural signals, to transmit multichannel recordings and to provide closed loop control signals for a range of applications.
The Wyss Center is looking for a Microscopy Technician, who will work both independently and collaboratively as a member of the Wyss Center to operate and maintain microscopes at the Wyss Center’s Advanced Light microscopy facility (ALICe).
About the Position:
The Microscopy Technician will work both independently and collaboratively as a member of the Wyss Center to operate and maintain microscopes at the Wyss Center’s Advanced Light microscopy facility (ALICe). He/she will be responsible of quality assessment, assistance, and maintenance of the microscopes and image analysis systems. The Microscopy Technician will also work in collaboration with image software developers to integrate novel analysis techniques in imaging pipelines and will support the training of researchers on microscopes and image analysis platforms. The Microscopy Technician will contribute to Wyss Center’s projects including collaborations with external academic partners and will support the delivery of microscopy imaging services to the community at Campus Biotech. This position reports to the Advanced Light Microscopy Facility Manager.
- Operate custom and commercial microscopes to support Wyss Center projects and col-laborations, and the delivery of services to Campus Biotech users
- Perform routine maintenance of the systems by carrying out quality assessments and calibrations, to ensure reproducibility of imaging experiments
- Integrate analysis techniques in imaging pipelines and support the access of researchers to such tools
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers and ensure timely completion of re-pair and maintenance services
- Troubleshoot technical issues arising with custom microscopes and commercial micro-scopes
- Support the training of researchers on the use of microscopes and image analysis soft-ware
- Degree in Biophysics, Biophotonics, Optical Engineering, or related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Solid background in fluorescence microscopy, expert knowledge of the most common fluo-rescence microscopy techniques and hands-on experience on imaging biological samples
- Ability to understand and operate the hardware and software components of light micro-scope systems
- General knowledge and experience with image processing and analysis (ImageJ, Python, Labview, MATLAB, etc.)
- Ability to remain productive, organized, and flexible in a very dynamic environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience as a self-starter and fast learner both independently and within a team
- High organization skills
- Ability to communicate experimental results effectively in both informal and formal meet-ings
- Ability to work as part of a team and with external collaborators
- Previous experience with running and/or working in a multiuser fluorescence microscopy facility is strongly preferred
- English written and spoken, French a plus
- Programming skills are a plus
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to HR@wysscenter.ch no later than July 23rd 2021.
The Senior Clinical & Regulatory Affairs (CA&RA) Engineer will work both independently and collaboratively at the Wyss Center to support the clinical and regulatory affairs activities in neurotechnology, neuroimaging and neurobiology projects that are designed to collect real-time neural signals, to transmit multichannel recordings and to provide closed loop control signals for a range of applications.
Full-time software engineer/scientist position in brain computer interface for electroencephalography (FCBG)
The EEG-BCI facility of the Fondation Campus Biotech Geneva is offering a full-time software engineer/scientist position in brain computer interface for electroencephalography.