The bioinformatician in image analysis will participate in collaborative projects between the Wyss Center and its academic and industrial partners, at the frontier between experimental and computational biology.
Would you like to participate in the evolution of research on dementia and Alzheimer's disease? Would you like to collaborate with renowned specialists in this field?
The Memory Centre is looking for a post-doctoral researcher to join its laboratory on projects related to the interaction of the intestinal microbiota in the field of dementia related to Alzheimer's disease. The projects include a clinical study that aims to identify the impact of the human microbiota on the onset and development of normal pressure hydrocephalus, a frequent cause of dementia and gait disturbances in the adult and older person. The project will be supported by the Race Against Dementia Foundation.
The person we are looking for will have the following missions and responsibilities:
- finalize the research protocol
- contribute to project management ;
- analyze and interpret data ;
- presenting results at national and international events/conventions ;
- writing scientific publications ;
- preparing other grant applications ;
- supervise scientists, technicians, apprentices or students.
- Possess a PhD with a specialization in research focusing on the interaction between the microbiota and the host immune system or have proven experience in this field.
- Advance knowledge on multivariate statistics of omics data.
- Experience in the analysis of microbiota derived metagenomics data would be very appreciated.
- Good mastery of R and knowledge of Python.
- English level C1 required (all documents must be in English).
- Practical laboratory experience in molecular biology is welcome, preferably experience in PCR and DNA sequencing on next generation platforms (Illumina MiSeq).
- Experience in bioinformatics and statistics related to clinical data analysis is appreciated.
Starting date: 01.11.2021
Job vacancy: 1
Workplace: Memory Center
Activity rate: 100%
Contract: CDD of 12 months, private law contract
Application deadline: 29.10.2021
Inquiry: Scientific Secretariat of the Memory Center, Tél. 022 372 58 12
Application should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of diplomas and the last two work certificates.
This announcement is addressed equally to women and men.
Please apply here.
The Fondation Campus Biotech Geneva (FCBG) is currently looking for research projects on which 1-2 MSc intern positions will be opened in 2022 in its Virtual Reality and Robotics (VR & Robotics) Facility of the Human Neuroscience Platform (HNP). The goal is to provide opportunities to develop new functionalities for the Facility, in close collaboration with actual research projects.
In his/her position, the Business Development Manager will be accountable for a wide range of activities related to the translation of Wyss Center’s technologies to the market commercialization. These activities primarily include market analysis, strategy development and identification and pursuit of go-to-market opportunities for the technologies being developed at the Center. They will be performed in close coordination with the Center’s leadership, researchers and collaborators.
The Health 2030 Genome Center is looking to fill a position of DevOps Engineer Intern in the Data Analytics and Interpretation Platform (DAIP) of the Health 2030 Genome Center. The position will suit a self-motivated individual who enjoys being part of a team with daily interactions with Genome Center staff. The successful candidate will work in a rewarding environment at the frontiers of genomics.
The successful candidate will research, develop and implement 3D spatial transcriptomic technologies and analysis methods in large tissue volumes. Working collaboratively with Wyss Center staff, university faculty and clinicians the successful candidate will aim to accelerate the translation of such approaches to the development of novel therapeutic strategies for the treatment of glioblastoma.
The CyberPeace Institute is seeking a hands-on Website Coordinator to join the Communications team. This is a tremendous opportunity for the successful candidate to contribute to the Institute’s mission to both shed light on the many obstacles to cyberpeace and actively protect the most vulnerable. If you wish to work in a demanding yet challenging and rewarding environment, surrounded by a diverse team of experts across all disciplines, we are excited to receive your application.