The Wyss Center for Bio and Neuro Engineering is seeking a talented and driven individual to join our growing international team of scientists, engineers and clinicians as a Software Engineer in Bioimaging.
The Memory Centre of HUG is looking for a post-doctoral student to join its laboratory on several projects related to the interaction of the intestinal microbiota in the field of dementia related to Alzheimer's disease.
Would you like to participate in the evolution of research on Alzheimer's disease?
Would you like to collaborate with renowned specialists in this field?
The Memory Centre is looking for a post-doctoral student to join its laboratory on several projects related to the interaction of the intestinal microbiota in the field of dementia related to Alzheimer's disease. The projects include preclinical and clinical studies that aim to identify the impact of the human microbiota on the onset and development of the disease.
The Memory Centre is the result of a close collaboration between the University Hospitals of Geneva and the Swiss Association for Alzheimer's Research, whose mission is to finance basic and clinical research projects on Alzheimer's disease. The Memory Centre responds to the multiple challenges posed by memory disorders. It offers a diagnosis based on the latest techniques, multidisciplinary care and individualized therapies. Patients can integrate research projects and test new drugs.
The person we are looking for will have the following missions and responsibilities:
- contribute to project management ;
- analyze and interpret data ;
- presenting results at national and international events/conventions ;
- writing scientific publications ;
- preparing grant applications ;
Training and Specific Knowledge:
- Possess a PhD with a specialization in research focusing on the interaction between the host and its microbiota or have proven experience in this field;
- Experience in the analysis of metagenomics data;
- Good mastery of Excel and the usual office automation tools;
- English level C1 required (all documents must be in English).
- Practical laboratory experience in molecular biology, preferably experience in PCR and DNA sequencing on next generation platforms (Illumina MiSeq);
- Experience in bioinformatics and statistics related to the field would be highly appreciated;
- Ability to identify priorities and adapt quickly to new work situations.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
This announcement is addressed to both women and men.
Your application should include a letter of motivation, your curriculum vitae, copies of your diplomas and work certificates.
Request for information Prof. G.B. Frisoni, Head of the Memory Centre, Tel. 022 372 29 80
No paper files will be accepted.
The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Geneva is seeking to fill a position of Assistant Professor - Tenure Track in Data Sciences/Artificial Intelligence at the Department of Radiology and Medical Informatics.
The Wyss Center for Bio and Neuro Engineering is seeking a Microscopy Research Technician to join their Advanced Light-sheet Imaging Center (ALICe), a platform delivering full service from sample clearing to Light-sheet imaging and 3D Virtual Reality visualization.
The recruited post-doctoral scholar or advanced programmer will join the Laboratory of Multimodal Modeling of Emotion & Feeling (MMEF; Dir: Prof. D. Rudrauf), related to the Swiss Center for Affective Sciences & University Center for Computer Science (UNIGE).