La Fondation Campus Biotech Geneva cherche un chargé de sécurité (temps partiel considéré) pour soutenir la mise en place, l’élaboration, l’implémentation ainsi que la gestion des différents aspects/concepts liés à la santé/sécurité/environnement au travail, la formation des utilisateurs du site ainsi que le suivi de ces différents aspects en s’appuyant sur les compétences et ressources disponibles tant au sein du Campus Biotech que de ses partenaires (EPFL et Université de Genève).
The Wyss Center for Bio and Neuroengineering is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for Active Implants to join our growing, international team of scientists, clinicians and engineers.
The individual will work both independently and collaboratively as a member of the Wyss Center’s technical team to develop innovative advanced implantable and wearable technologies that are designed to collect real-time neurophysiological signals, transmit multichannel recordings and provide closed loop control signals for a range of human applications.
In his/her position of Senior Mechanical Engineer for Active Implants, the successful candidate will share his/her time between hands-on mechanical design and engineering tasks, collaborations with external partners, as well as resources and lab facilities management at the Wyss Center. More specifically, he/she will:
- Conceptualize and create mechanical designs for the Center’s next-generation implantable and wearable devices
- Prototype new concepts using rapid prototyping methods (3D printing, machining, etc.)
- Develop and improve hermetic and near-hermetic encapsulation solutions (using implantable silicone, epoxy, ceramics, titanium or other emerging materials and technologies)
- Design and improve connection solutions to connect implants to leads (using laser micro-welding, resistance welding, crimping, or other connection technologies)
- Balance technical requirements with manufacturability and cost
- Document new designs in compliance with the applicable medical regulations and standards
- Support Design Verification activities and transfer designs to external production and clinical grade manufacturing partners
- Act as an active member of the Wyss Center’s technology team and collaborate closely with Electrical Engineers, Software Engineers, Scientists, and Product Managers
- Collaborate with clinicians and end-users to capture, analyze and implement requirements to design technologies suitable for a patient/clinician setting
- Scout for novel technologies and establish strategic collaborations with related suppliers / partners
- Collaborate with external partners (academic and industrial)
- Coordinate a small team of Mechanical Engineers and manage the lab facilities and budget
- Help drive a positive, collaborative and translation-focused culture at the Wyss Center
This position will report directly to our CTO and will supervise a team of two Engineers.
Required competence and experience:
- MSc in Micro Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent with at least 7 years of relevant work experience in MedTech industry (in an ISO 13485 and/or 21 CFR certified environment)
- Hands-on experience with design, development and testing of long-term active implantable and/or class III medical devices
- Good knowledge of medical-grade manufacturing and assembly processes
- Team leadership skills, including people skills
- Good knowledge of the different stakeholders, suppliers and sub-contractors in the space and experience in managing sub-contractors and vendors
- Aptitude for innovation, willingness and ability to drive change, passion for quality and continuous improvement
- Results oriented, proactive problem-solving attitude with strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to interact and influence all levels of the business as well as partners
- Fluent in English, French is a plus
Additional skills include:
- Experience or interest in neurotechnology
- Expertise in ISO 14708 and IEC 60601
- Good knowledge of medical-grade materials and components used for long-term active implants
- Specialization in one or more of the following areas:
- Rapid Prototyping methods
- Accelerated aging of medical devices in different conditions
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter describing your qualifications and your motivations to HR@wysscenter.ch no later than Friday 24th July 2020.
The Programme Officer is responsible for the support of FIND’s AMR (Antimicrobial Resistance) programme. In this position, he/she will provide technical support for the programme, and support the management of the overall portfolio of projects.
The Wyss Center for Bio and Neuroengineering is seeking a Wireless Systems Electrical Engineer to join our growing, international team of scientists, clinicians and engineers.
The Memory Centre of HUG is looking for a post-doctoral student to join its laboratory on several projects related to the interaction of the intestinal microbiota in the field of dementia related to Alzheimer's disease.
The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Geneva is seeking to fill a position of Assistant Professor - Tenure Track in Data Sciences/Artificial Intelligence at the Department of Radiology and Medical Informatics.