La Fondation Campus Biotech Geneva cherche un chargé de sécurité (temps partiel considéré) pour soutenir la mise en place, l’élaboration, l’implémentation ainsi que la gestion des différents aspects/concepts liés à la santé/sécurité/environnement au travail, la formation des utilisateurs du site ainsi que le suivi de ces différents aspects en s’appuyant sur les compétences et ressources disponibles tant au sein du Campus Biotech que de ses partenaires (EPFL et Université de Genève).
The Wyss Center for Bio and Neuroengineering is seeking a Wireless Systems Electrical Engineer to join our growing, international team of scientists, clinicians and engineers.
The individual will work both independently and collaboratively as a member of the Wyss Center to develop advanced wearable and implantable neuro-sensing and neuromodulation devices that are designed to collect real-time neural signals, transmit multichannel recordings and provide closed loop control signals for a range of human applications. The individual will report to a tech leader in the Electrical Engineering team.
In his/her position, the Wireless Systems Electrical Engineer will:
- Design RF systems (electronics)
- Design, develop and test electrical designs of wireless power transfer systems; from requirements to manufacturing optimized for neurotechnology applications, where size and energy restrictions are prevalent, and performance is challenging
- Design, develop and test electrical near-field RF communication systems
- Design PCB schematics and layouts optimized for RF/wireless designs
- Be the technical contact point of electronics sub-contractors, balance technical requirements with manufacturability and cost
- Be capable to timely apply his/her general knowledge in electronics design, as acquired by education and proven in industrial settings
- Be part of the EE team and collaborate closely with our Mechanical Engineers, Scientists, Product Managers and Medical doctors
- Collaborate with end-users to capture, analyze and implement requirements for wireless systems optimized for usage by patients, carers and clinicians
- Help drive a positive, collaborative and translation-focused culture at the Wyss Center
The ideal candidate should be flexible and open to providing technical solutions for multiple neurotechnology applications in a cutting edge, multidisciplinary translation-oriented environment. The candidate must also be able to work independently to design innovative RF/wireless systems suitable for human neurotechnology applications.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or related discipline with at least 5 years (BS) of work experience in an industrial setting
- Hands-on experience in RF/wireless systems engineering
- Hands-on experience in developing RF communication and power transfer systems for critical devices
- Proven experience in PCB layout technics specially for RF designs
- Knowledge of mitigation techniques for EMC/EMI and on its testing
- Good knowledge of off-the-shelf electronic circuits such as operational amplifiers, filters, ADCs, DACs, power regulators
- Working knowledge of radio communication protocols such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Bluetooth low energy
- Aptitude for innovation, willingness and ability to drive change, passion for quality and continuous improvement
- Results oriented, with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English; French a plus
Additional valuable skills include:
- Capable of modeling and optimizing wireless systems and antennas using finite element software
- Lab skills: experience in testing and characterizing RF systems using VNAs or other instruments
- Basic knowledge of digital electronics
- Programming skills in C and/or Python
- Working knowledge of scientific software such as Matlab or Octave
- Experience or interest in neuroscience/neurotechnology
- Good knowledge of electronics suppliers; in particular vendors active in RF design and manufacturing
- Experience in the development of medical devices or in a tightly regulated industry; experience with ISO 13485, IEC 60601-1 and related standards is a plus
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter describing your qualifications and your motivations to HR@wysscenter.ch. Applications received by Monday 14th of August 2020 will receive full consideration.
The Programme Officer is responsible for the support of FIND’s AMR (Antimicrobial Resistance) programme. In this position, he/she will provide technical support for the programme, and support the management of the overall portfolio of projects.
The Wyss Center for Bio and Neuroengineering is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for Active Implants to join our growing, international team of scientists, clinicians and engineers.
The Memory Centre of HUG is looking for a post-doctoral student to join its laboratory on several projects related to the interaction of the intestinal microbiota in the field of dementia related to Alzheimer's disease.
The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Geneva is seeking to fill a position of Assistant Professor - Tenure Track in Data Sciences/Artificial Intelligence at the Department of Radiology and Medical Informatics.