The Wyss Center for Bio and Neuroengineering is seeking a Preclinical Research Associate to join our growing, international team of scientists, clinicians and engineers.
The Wyss Center for Bio and Neuroengineering is seeking a Data Scientist to join their growing, international team of scientists, clinicians and engineers.
The individual will work both independently and collaboratively at the Wyss Center to gain a deep understanding of neural datasets and develop novel algorithms for closed loop control or diagnostic decisions in a range of clinical applications. The individual will report to a senior Neuroscientist.
In his/her position, the Data Scientist will:
- Develop a deep understanding of data collected in preclinical and clinical trials, from various sources and modalities such as intracortical, intracranial, and imaging
- Generate mathematical models of cognitive processes based on experimental data
- Design, develop and optimize novel algorithms for real-time inference of cognitive states and intentions
- Employ state of the art machine learning tools to extract information both from large datasets (e.g. long term recordings, multiple channels and various recording modalities)
- Inform the design of preclinical and clinical experiments
- Work with hardware engineers to implement and deploy novel algorithms in next generation implantable and wearable devices, and on cloud servers
- Communicate methods and results internally, at conferences and in scientific journals
- Collaborate closely with scientists, engineers, product managers, clinicians and faculty at the Wyss Center and our collaborating institutions
- Help drive a positive, collaborative and translation-focused culture at the Wyss Center
- Education in neuroscience, mathematics, computer science, physics, or related fields, with at least 5 years (BS) or 3 years (MS) of work experience in an industrial or academic setting
- Deep understanding of a wide range of tools and approaches for data analysis and ability to apply them in a principled way
- Demonstrated strong experience modelling complex datasets, preferably in the neural or medical domain
- Desire to understand neural processes and curiosity for novel approaches and applications
- Strong familiarity with Python or MATLAB, and their development & data analytics platforms
- Attention to detail and high quality work that can be disseminated to others
- Aptitude for innovation, willingness and ability to drive change, passion for quality and continuous improvement
- Results oriented, with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Eagerness to engage and collaborate within multidisciplinary teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English; French a plus
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter describing your qualifications and your motivations to HR@wysscenter.ch. Applications received by 4th October 2020 will receive full consideration.
The Health 2030 Genome Center is looking for a Software Engineer in the Data Analytics and Interpretation Platform (DAIP).
The Programme Officer is responsible for the support of FIND’s AMR (Antimicrobial Resistance) programme. In this position, he/she will provide technical support for the programme, and support the management of the overall portfolio of projects.
The Wyss Center for Bio and Neuroengineering is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for Active Implants to join our growing, international team of scientists, clinicians and engineers.