For their CRO department, which is currently being expanded, ISS is looking for a Clinical Study Manager.
The Preclinical Neuroscience Platform technician will manage platform operations including equipment and process operation (e.g. histology, genotyping), maintenance and scheduling. The technician will also assist in instructing users in facilities use and will support effective communication of the platform’s goals, rules and functions with the researcher groups.
Her/his goal will be to ensure efficient performance of scientific research carried out in the platform.
- Perform genotyping services (extraction, PCR, analysis)
- Technical assistance to scientists using core services, training of users or staff in proper use of equipment and compliance with regulations and GLP
- Troubleshooting problems with all company assets and equipment
- Assist in the development and enforce SOPs, work instructions and guidelines
- Assist in the management and organization of all aspects of operations and maintenance.
- Work with the Platform Advisory Committee and users to plan for efficient facility utilization and future equipment acquisition
- Liaise with Biosafety officer to ensure compliance with biosafety rules
- CFC in Biology or technical diploma in life sciences with 5 years experience in standard molecular and cellular biology experiments and histology or related field
- Must be able to understand and explain underlying principles of histology, molecular biology
- Strong practical background in molecular biology research techniques (including, but not limited to, cloning, DNA/RNA extraction, classic and real-time PCR, protein isolation, western blots)
- Strong practical background in histology and immunohistochemistry related research techniques (including, but not limited to, cryosectioning, and formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded sectioning, immunohistochemistry and fluorescent microscopy)
- Knowledge and relevant work experience of cell culture related research techniques would be a plus
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work as part of a team and with external collaborators
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to provide advices
- Efficient, flexible and goal-oriented with strong organizational, and communication skills to enforce regulations and to handle multiple projects
- French and English written and spoken.
- Be part of a prestigious project of global prominence in biotechnology and neuroscience research
- A young, dynamic, interdisciplinary team
- A modern working environment based at Campus Biotech
- Contract based employment, 100% time position
- Start: immediately
- Deadline for application: until position is filled.
- Applications should include a CV, a cover letter and reference letters, and should be send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Permanent contract
Open postdoc position: Sensorimotor mechanisms of perceptual alterations in a mouse model of Parkinson’s Disease. Prof. Mackenzie Mathis & Prof. Olaf Blanke (EPFL)
Although Parkinson’s disease (PD) is primarily a movement disorder caused by nigro-striatal degeneration and associated with the classical symptoms of resting tremor, rigidity, and bradykinesia, it is today recognized as a heterogeneous disorder affecting many other brain regions and networks.
As a Quality Leader, you will implement and maintains ISO 13485 quality management systems, create and maintain all quality processes/documentation, ensure compliance of personnel to the QMS through coaching and training, fulfill customers’ requirements on quality issues and work closely with the management team in fulfilling all of the above
The Technical Project Leader - Epios project will lead the medical device development and R&D activities of the Epios project, towards successful pivotal clinical trials and translation of the solution to the clinic/market. The individual will report directly to the Wyss Center’s Chief Technology Officer. In the future, the individual will have the unique opportunity to join the Epios start-up with a key role.
The World Federation of Public Health Associations (WFPHA) is currently looking for 1 intern for its Oral Health Working Group
The laboratory of Prof. Gregoire Courtine at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) in Lausanne, Switzerland, is looking to fill a fully funded postdoc position. The qualified candidate will benefit from joining a very dynamic and multidisciplinary group working at the interface of computational neuroscience, neuroengineering, prosthetics and biology.