The Mathis Laboratory has an opening for a software engineer (or postdoc) to support the development of a 3D bioimaging pipeline in collaboration with the Wyss Center ALICe Platform.
We are seeking a Preclinical Research Associate to join our growing, international team of scientists, clinicians and engineers. The individual will work both independently and collaboratively at the Wyss Center to design and conduct preclinical studies involving wearable and implantable neuro-sensing and neuromodulation devices that collect and transmit real-time neural signals in a wide range of human applications.
In his/her position, the Preclinical Research Associate will:
- Design and conduct non-clinical testing (on the bench and in vivo) that involve advanced wearable and implantable technologies being developed at the Wyss Center
- Perform routine non-clinical procedures and measurements, and record/document research data in compliance with study protocols
- Develop experimental methods and study protocols in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and practices
- Perform preclinical study preparation activities including experimental room set-up and calibration of equipment
- Use and improve automated data analysis tools for data inspection, post-processing and modeling
- Communicate methods and results within the Wyss Center and to project collaborators
- Be an active member of the Wyss Center’s technical team and collaborate closely with its scientists, engineers, product managers, as well as academic and clinical collaborators
- Stay current on scientific trends and innovation, and scientific literature
- Critically assess and contribute to the development of recommendations for experimental design based on evidence
- Help drive a dynamic, collaborative and translation-focused culture at the Wyss Center
The ideal candidate should be flexible and open to working with a variety of non-clinical models, eager to apply his/her skills to solve problems and ready to accept challenges.
Required competence and experience:
- MSc in Neuroscience or in Biology or a related discipline such as systems neuroscience, behavioral neuroscience, with a solid background in data acquisition devices used in electrophysiology or other modalities
- At least 5 years (BS) or 3 year (MS) of work experience in an industrial or academic setting
- Strong experience with non-clinical study design, protocol writing and execution preferably with emphasis on large models
- Laboratory training (LTK Module 1, 20 or equivalent)
- Experience with data analysis methods, including close familiarity with a programming language such as Python and MATLAB
- Experience in scientific reporting (writing research articles, R&D reports etc)
- Experience in non-clinical studies for medical devices or in-vitro diagnosis medical devices is a plus
- Familiar with quality assurance procedures and international standards is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask and coordinate the activities of a multidisciplinary team
- Aptitude for innovation, willingness and ability to drive change, passion for quality and continuous improvement
- Results oriented, with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Willingness to frequently travel within Switzerland or abroad
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English; proficiency in French a plus
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter describing your qualifications, background and interest in this position to HR@wysscenter.ch no later than 24th May 2021.
This is a full time position involving teaching at the bachelor, master and post-graduate levels as well as supervising master's and doctoral theses. The incumbent will be called upon to develop national and international research in the field of the position and to obtain external funding.
The Preclinical Neuroscience Platform technician will manage platform operations including equipment and process operation (e.g. histology, genotyping), maintenance and scheduling. The technician will also assist in instructing users in facilities use and will support effective communication of the platform’s goals, rules and functions with the researcher groups.
Her/his goal will be to ensure efficient performance of scientific research carried out in the platform.
For their CRO department, which is currently being expanded, ISS is looking for a Clinical Study Manager.
Open postdoc position: Sensorimotor mechanisms of perceptual alterations in a mouse model of Parkinson’s Disease. Prof. Mackenzie Mathis & Prof. Olaf Blanke (EPFL)
Although Parkinson’s disease (PD) is primarily a movement disorder caused by nigro-striatal degeneration and associated with the classical symptoms of resting tremor, rigidity, and bradykinesia, it is today recognized as a heterogeneous disorder affecting many other brain regions and networks.
As a Quality Leader, you will implement and maintains ISO 13485 quality management systems, create and maintain all quality processes/documentation, ensure compliance of personnel to the QMS through coaching and training, fulfill customers’ requirements on quality issues and work closely with the management team in fulfilling all of the above