Le Campus Biotech à Genève est un centre d’excellence pour la recherche en neurosciences hébergeant des laboratoires de l’Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) et de l’université de Genève. Ces derniers effectuent des recherches fondamentales et appliquées de haut niveau en neurosciences cognitives, affectives, cliniques ou psychiatriques.
Are you a Senior Developer with the below requested experience in full stack web development looking for a position where you can have an impact on the life of patients? A part of participating in providing tools to improve clinical interpretation, are you looking for a dynamic and flexible working environment? Then, this position is for you.
Description du poste
This Full Stack Web Developer will be part of our Clinical Bioinformatics group. This dynamic and cutting-edge team focuses on the development of harmonized, state-of-the-art bioinformatics tools for the analysis and interpretation of clinical -omics data, covering a wide range of medical fields. These tools contribute to facilitating patient management, as well as diagnostic and treatment decisions in hospitals throughout Switzerland.
We are currently seeking a full stack web developer with a strong Java/Spring Boot background, to participate in defining the functional specifications of web-based bioinformatics applications developed for the clinical field and be responsible for their development. In addition, the person that will join this great team will be responsible for ensuring the technical coordination and functional supervision of the group's other developers.
This person’s mission will be to:
- Participate in the collection of clinical users’ needs (functional specifications), in collaboration with other Clinical Bioinformatics colleagues
- Lead the full stack development of some of the projects (Vue.js, Vuetify, Spring Boot)
- Conduct end-to-end application testing
- Ensure the delivery of milestones with clinical-grade quality
- Actively remain up to date on web development tools and methods
- Be responsible for pro-actively defining, implementing and applying the appropriate development practices for the groups' developers, to ensure efficiency and compliance with common best practices
- Ensure tools maintenance and end-users support as needed
- Write or participate in the writing of documentation as needed (user documentation, software documentation)
- Travel within Switzerland as required to collaborate with hospitals and other SIB groups (20%, mostly day trips)
- Knowledge in relational databases
- Practical experience with Git
- Effective organizational skills
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English, written and spoken
- Knowledge of Django
- Understanding of the specificities of the clinical or medical field
- Basic knowledge of high throughput -omics technologies
- French and/or German language
How to apply
SIB is committed to ensuring and fostering diversity and equal opportunities in the workplace as well as in the scientific ecosystem. If you are interested in this challenging and highly interesting opportunity, please submit your application including CV and letter of motivation through our online portal by following the link below.
Would you like to participate in the evolution of research on dementia and Alzheimer's disease? Would you like to collaborate with renowned specialists in this field?
The CyberPeace Institute is seeking a hands-on Website Coordinator to join the Communications team. This is a tremendous opportunity for the successful candidate to contribute to the Institute’s mission to both shed light on the many obstacles to cyberpeace and actively protect the most vulnerable. If you wish to work in a demanding yet challenging and rewarding environment, surrounded by a diverse team of experts across all disciplines, we are excited to receive your application.