The Health 2030 Genome Center (https://www.health2030genome.ch/) serves as leading house for Swiss genomic medicine by supporting and facilitating research and clinical activities nationally in the areas of genetics and genomics. The Genome Center is developing a vibrant genomics community to achieve its aims.
The Wyss Center for Bio and Neuroengineering (www.wysscenter.ch) is a non-profit organization focused on the translation of neurotechnology to clinical applications.
We are seeking an Administrative and Communications Assistant to assist with communication activities as well as the day to day running of the office. The ideal candidate will be an organized, proactive self-starter with an interest in science who works with energy, enthusiasm and initiative. The position offers an ideal opportunity to develop skills in internal and external communications including public relations, media relations, science writing and public engagement with science.
Description du poste
- Assist with organizing internal events: Book conferencing facilities, prepare logistics, order catering, organize delegate registration and prepare email communications
- Assist with preparations for external events: Liaise with event organizers, meet event deadlines, book travel and accommodation, assist with exhibition booth requirements
- Coordinate visits: Prepare agendas, book meeting rooms, book visitor travel and accommodation, greet visitors and make introductions as necessary
- Order promotional items, printed materials and stationary: Monitor stock levels and re-order as necessary
- Make minor website edits: Update staff web profiles, update online image gallery, optimize online content for search engines
- Provide general administrative support as required
- Opportunity for the right candidate to contribute to public engagement and science outreach activities: Assist with educational visits and public open days, contribute to development of interactive science communication activities and exhibits
- Minimum two years of experience in an administrative or communications position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
- Experience in managing multiple priorities and administrative coordination
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task
- Interested in science and science communication
- Swiss National or holder of a Swiss work permit
To apply, please send your C.V. and a covering letter to email@example.com
The Virtual Reality Facility at Campus Biotech Geneva is part of the Human Neuroscience Platform, and provides researchers with state-of-the-art equipment and expertise in the field of immersive interaction and motion analysis in virtual reality for experimental research and clinical applications (e.g. cognitive and affective assessment, cognitive and behavioral therapy, neurological rehabilitation, gait and upper limb neuro-prostheses).
The Virtual Reality Facilityat Campus Biotech Geneva is part of the Human Neuroscience Platform, and provides researchers with state-of-the-art equipment and expertise in the field of immersive interaction and motion analysis in virtual reality for experimental research and clinical applications (e.g. cognitive and affective assessment, cognitive and behavioral therapy, neurological rehabilitation, gait and upper limb neuro-prostheses).
The Wyss Center, a non-profit research and translation center for neurotechnology, based at Campus Biotech in Geneva, is seeking a Laboratory Technician for neurobiology laboratory support.