The Health 2030 Genome Center (https://www.health2030genome.ch/) serves as leading house for Swiss genomic medicine by supporting and facilitating research and clinical activities nationally in the areas of genetics and genomics. The Genome Center is developing a vibrant genomics community to achieve its aims.
The Wyss Center, a non-profit research and translation center for neurotechnology, based at Campus Biotech in Geneva, is seeking a Laboratory Technician for neurobiology laboratory support.
Description du poste
The Laboratory Technician (LT) will report to the Preclinical Platform Coordinator to manage and provide support services that facilitate a broad range of neuroscience and neuroengineering research projects and collaborations. Her/his goal will be to ensure the smooth running of scientific research carried out in the platform. She/he will manage platform operations including equipment and process operations (e.g. histology), maintenance and scheduling, as well as assist the platform coordinator in strategic operations within the Histology and Molecular Biology Facilities. The LT will also assist in instructing users in facilities use and will support effective communication of the platform’s goals, rules and functions with the researcher groups.
- Routine lab operation duties (including, but not limited to, ordering and stocking laboratory supplies/consumables, participation in duties for the maintenance of the laboratory and equipment, receiving shipments and verifying inventories)
- Perform genotyping services (extraction, PCR, analysis)
- Technical assistance to scientists using core services, training of users or staff in proper use of equipment and compliance with regulations and GLP
- Troubleshooting problems with all company assets and equipment
- Assist in the development of and enforce standard operating procedures, instructions and guidelines
- Assist in the management and organization of all aspects of operations and maintenance. Additional tasks upon request
- Report to the Platform Coordinator and provide support as required to assist in the fulfillment of her responsibilities.
- CFC in Biology or technical diploma in life sciences with 5 years experience in standard molecular and cellular biology experiments and histology or related field
- Must be able to understand and explain underlying principles of histology, molecular biology
- Strong practical background in molecular biology research techniques (including, but not limited to, cloning, DNA/RNA extraction, classic and real-time PCR, protein isolation, western blots)
- Strong practical background in histology and immunohistochemistry related research techniques (including, but not limited to, cryosectioning, and formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded sectioning, immunohistochemistry and fluorescent microscopy)
- Knowledge and relevant work experience of cell culture related research techniques would be a plus
- Knowledge and relevant work experience of tissue clearing processing would be a plus
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work as part of a team and with external collaborators Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to provide advice
- Efficient, flexible and goal-oriented with strong organizational, and communication skills to enforce regulations and to handle multiple projects
- French and English written and spoken.
Deadline for application: until position is filled
To apply, please send your C.V. and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Virtual Reality Facility at Campus Biotech Geneva is part of the Human Neuroscience Platform, and provides researchers with state-of-the-art equipment and expertise in the field of immersive interaction and motion analysis in virtual reality for experimental research and clinical applications (e.g. cognitive and affective assessment, cognitive and behavioral therapy, neurological rehabilitation, gait and upper limb neuro-prostheses).
The Virtual Reality Facilityat Campus Biotech Geneva is part of the Human Neuroscience Platform, and provides researchers with state-of-the-art equipment and expertise in the field of immersive interaction and motion analysis in virtual reality for experimental research and clinical applications (e.g. cognitive and affective assessment, cognitive and behavioral therapy, neurological rehabilitation, gait and upper limb neuro-prostheses).
The Wyss Center for Bio and Neuroengineering (www.wysscenter.ch) is a non-profit organization focused on the translation of neurotechnology to clinical applications.