The Health 2030 Genome Center is looking to fill a position of Genomic Data Engineer in the Data Analytics and Interpretation Platform (DAIP).
Description du poste
The Health 2030 Genome Center serves as a leading house for Swiss genomic medicine by supporting and facilitating research and clinical activities nationally in the areas of genetics and genomics. The Genome Center is developing a vibrant genomics community to achieve its aims.
The Genome Center is based in Campus Biotech, a new hub of neuroscience that hosts laboratories from EPFL, UNIGE, HUG and partner organisations working in preclinical and clinical neuroscience research, neuroengineering technology research and development at the basic, translational and applied stages.
In this context we are looking to fill a position of Genomic Data Engineer in the Data Analytics and Interpretation Platform (DAIP) of the Health 2030 Genome Center.
- Develop, maintain and implement pipelines for genomic and transcriptomic data analysis for research and clinical purposes
- Develop analytical tools as needed by the scientific community of the Genome Center and its customers
- Support the analytical needs of Genome Center and customer projects
- Interact with lab manager and technical staff of the Genome Center sequencing platform
- Participate in data related activities of the Genome Center
- Open-ended contract
- Starting date: Immediate
- Activity rate: 100%
- CV and
- a cover letter
The file name of the PDF must be as follows: YourLASTNAME_YourFirstname_ GDE2019
The deadline to apply for this position is: Friday, June 28, 2019
More information on the Health 2030 Genome Center is available on their website: www.health2030.ch/genome
- At least 3 years of experience with DNA and RNA sequence analysis
- Experience with large computational clusters and parallel computing
- Attention to detail and quality of computational analysis outputs
- Good time management
- Demonstrated record in developing software and analytical pipelines
- Industry experience is a plus
- Programming language in Scala or java, concurrency programming