Le Campus Biotech à Genève est un centre d’excellence pour la recherche en neurosciences hébergeant des laboratoires de l’Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) et de l’université de Genève. Ces derniers effectuent des recherches fondamentales et appliquées de haut niveau en neurosciences cognitives, affectives, cliniques ou psychiatriques.
Would you like to participate in the evolution of research on dementia and Alzheimer's disease? Would you like to collaborate with renowned specialists in this field?
The Memory Centre is looking for a post-doctoral researcher to join its laboratory on projects related to the interaction of the intestinal microbiota in the field of dementia related to Alzheimer's disease. The projects include a clinical study that aims to identify the impact of the human microbiota on the onset and development of normal pressure hydrocephalus, a frequent cause of dementia and gait disturbances in the adult and older person. The project will be supported by the Race Against Dementia Foundation.
The person we are looking for will have the following missions and responsibilities:
- finalize the research protocol
- contribute to project management ;
- analyze and interpret data ;
- presenting results at national and international events/conventions ;
- writing scientific publications ;
- preparing other grant applications ;
- supervise scientists, technicians, apprentices or students.
- Possess a PhD with a specialization in research focusing on the interaction between the microbiota and the host immune system or have proven experience in this field.
- Advance knowledge on multivariate statistics of omics data.
- Experience in the analysis of microbiota derived metagenomics data would be very appreciated.
- Good mastery of R and knowledge of Python.
- English level C1 required (all documents must be in English).
- Practical laboratory experience in molecular biology is welcome, preferably experience in PCR and DNA sequencing on next generation platforms (Illumina MiSeq).
- Experience in bioinformatics and statistics related to clinical data analysis is appreciated.
Starting date: 01.11.2021
Job vacancy: 1
Workplace: Memory Center
Activity rate: 100%
Contract: CDD of 12 months, private law contract
Application deadline: 29.10.2021
Inquiry: Scientific Secretariat of the Memory Center, Tél. 022 372 58 12
Application should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of diplomas and the last two work certificates.
This announcement is addressed equally to women and men.
Please apply here.
Are you a Senior Developer with the below requested experience in full stack web development looking for a position where you can have an impact on the life of patients? A part of participating in providing tools to improve clinical interpretation, are you looking for a dynamic and flexible working environment? Then, this position is for you.
The CyberPeace Institute is seeking a hands-on Website Coordinator to join the Communications team. This is a tremendous opportunity for the successful candidate to contribute to the Institute’s mission to both shed light on the many obstacles to cyberpeace and actively protect the most vulnerable. If you wish to work in a demanding yet challenging and rewarding environment, surrounded by a diverse team of experts across all disciplines, we are excited to receive your application.