The Wyss Center is seeking a Chief Scientific Officer to lead the Center’s translational activities in neuroscience and the expansion of Wyss Center’s activities in the area of Neurobiology. Reporting to the CEO, the CSO will be a member of the Center’s leadership team.
The Computer and Information Systems Manager will work both independently and collaboratively with the Wyss Center’s leadership team as well as an international team of scientists, clinicians and engineers who are developing advanced neurotechnology for human applications.
This is a newly created position for an IT professional who will be in charge of the Center’s information technology strategy and responsible for advancing it, with the goal of taking over administration and support for the development, deployment and management of a new system for data management and analytics.
The individual will become the primary day-to-day point of contact for Wyss Center staff. In addition, the position is expected to assist and support Wyss Center staff on a broader set of activities that include cloud computing, data management, and tool development.
The ideal candidate is most likely a high-end junior or low-end senior developer/engineer with significant relevant experience, autonomous & self-motivated, and with the willingness to perform day-to-day tasks such as helping transfer and manage data, administering and upgrading systems, supporting end users, etc. He/she will report directly to the Center’s Chief Operating Officer.
In his/her position, the Computer and Information Systems Manager will have a broad set of responsibilities which includes:
- Collect Wyss Center’s user needs and implement technical solutions to address them;
- Continuously analyze current process, technologies and vendors to identify areas of improvement;
- Test, troubleshoot and modify information systems so that they operate effectively;
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time;
- Audit IT systems and assess their outcomes;
- Maintain a hybrid cloud/on premise big data storage and compute system; develop new features and improvements to the system based on feedback from users;
- Manage Amazon Web Services (AWS) accounts and resources;
- Design and implement policies and procedures;
- Evaluate technology risks in order to develop a network disaster recovery plan and back up procedures;
- Collaborate with external providers;
- Monitor daily operations, including server hardware, software and operating systems;
- Coordinate installations of equipment, upgrades and maintenance;
- Remain up to date with advances in technology and best practices;
- Procure IT equipment such as personal computers, peripherals and audio-visual equipment;
- Oversee the annual IT budget and ensure cost effectiveness;
- Track and maintain hardware and software inventory;
- Troubleshoot in the event of website downtime: Monitor server certificates, building network maintenance and content management system issues to identify problem;
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems;
- Deploy security patches to address vulnerabilities ;
- Work in close collaboration with the IT Manager and staff at Fondation Campus Biotech Geneva (FCBG) to administer the on-premise storage and computer systems
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in information technology, computer science or in a relevant technical field with extensive software development experience
- Microsoft Systems Administration/System Engineer certification will be an asset
- 5 or more years of software development experience
- 3 or more years of experience with AWS
- Experience working in a professional software development environment
- Experience implementing managed services and enterprise-level technical solutions
- Experience working with common authentication and authorization frameworks, specifically OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0
- Proficient with Python
- Experience working with or supporting computationally intensive workloads or applications
- Excellent knowledge of technical and data center management, information analysis and data governance
- High sense of responsibility combined with a good teamwork spirit, with the ability to work well within a cutting edge, fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment
- Multitasking and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in English, French is a plus
Additional competence (not required, but nice to have):
- Proficient with Go
- Experience with hybrid cloud architectures
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter describing your qualifications, background and interest in this position to HR@wysscenter.ch. Applications received by 14th March 2021 will receive full consideration.
Internal and external programme communications and support Intern – English and Spanish Speaking (Concept Foundation)
Concept Foundation, based at the Campus Biotech Innovation Park, is seeking an internal and external programme communications and support Intern – English and Spanish Speaking.
The laboratory of Prof. Gregoire Courtine at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) in Lausanne, Switzerland, is looking to fill a fully funded postdoc position. The qualified candidate will benefit from joining a very dynamic and multidisciplinary group working at the interface of computational neuroscience, neuroengineering, prosthetics and biology.
Internship for Master / Engineering student, Geneva, Switzerland Development of a Neuroimaging Data Engine with Knowledge Graphs
The Methods & Data facility offers a 6-month Master internship. The candidate should be engaged in a computer science university/ engineering school curriculum at Master level, or equivalent.
Goal: Develop a prototype neuroimaging data platform implementing the FAIR principles (findable, accessible, inter-operable and reusable) leveraging existing technologies.
Internship for Master student: Development of a Neuroimaging Containerized Pipeline Engine with Python & Docker
The Methods & Data facility offers a 6-month Master internship. The candidate should be engaged in a computer science university curriculum at Master level, or equivalent.
Goal: Develop neuroimaging data science modules to integrate within pipelines, using existing tools and technologies based on Python and Docker.