The Neural Microsystems Platform provides a cutting edge environment in which novel neurotechnologies, such as flexible electronics or novel neural sensors can be developed.
The neural microsystems platform comprises a 200m² ISO5 to ISO 7 med tech cleanroom, an advanced microscopy area and a laser micromachining facility.
The platform includes state of the art equipment for:
- Photolithography with mask and maskless aligners and semi-automated coater and developer units
- Deposition with co-focal sputtering
- Etching with plasma etcher for thin metal films (Pt, Ti), oxides, silicium, plastics and silicone and microwave and RF strippers
- Advanced microscopy with a Hitachi variable pressure SEM for conductive, non-conductive and biological specimen and conventional Nikon microscopes
- Metrology with an optical and a mechanical profiler
- Laser cutting with a high definition Optec femtosecond laser equipment
A dedicated area for silicon / PDMS process with appropriate equipment is also available.
Experienced process engineers are on hand to train and support users throughout every step of their project.