Campus BiotechThe Global Antibiotic Research & Development Partnership (GARDP), the Diplomatic Club, the Canton of Geneva (International Affairs Directorate), the Swiss Permanent Mission to the UN in Geneva and the Federal Office of Public Health
On 15 September 2021, The Global Antibiotic Research & Development Partnership (GARDP), the Diplomatic Club, the Canton of Geneva, the Swiss Permanent Mission to the UN in Geneva and the Federal Office of Public Health are hosting a high-level dialogue on the silent pandemic of antibiotic resistance.
The event will bring together key Swiss-based stakeholders to analyse if we are adequately responding to the silent pandemic of antibiotic resistance. The panelists will reflect on the lessons learned from COVID-19 to discuss how we can effectively tackle drug-resistant infection. Sustainable financing mechanisms and timely access to appropriate antibiotics will be essential components of pandemic preparedness to tackle future viral pandemics.
Date and time: Wednesday, 15 September 2021 / 6 - 8 pm
Venue: Campus Biotech, Geneva and Live stream
However, the event will be live streamed and accessible through the homepage here.
The program will begin at 6pm with keynote remarks will be made by:
- Andrea Arz de Falco, Vice Director, Swiss Federal Office of Public Health and
- Nathalie Fontanet, Geneva State Councillor in charge of International Affairs
And will be followed by a dialogue with:
- Manica Balasegaram, Executive Director, GARDP
- Melchior de Muralt, Co-Founder, BlueOrchard
- Bertrand Levrat, Director-General, Geneva University Hospitals
- Enrichetta Placella, Deputy Head of Global Program Health, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
The panel discussion will be followed by cocktail reception.