Apply for the Spring 2023 Edition !
Start of the Program : 22nd of March, 2023
Apply by: 15th of March, 2023 here.
The main goal of the i-Teams Program is to translate high-potential medical technologies through the collaboration between a research group and an i-Team. Using the expert knowledge of the inventors, each team will use creative and innovative approaches to find the best way to commercialize the technology beyond the laboratory application. Each team will aim to provide the inventors with alternative commercialization routes that will help to guide future development of technologies to reach the market faster.
An important goal of the project is contact industry experts and potential customers in order to get feedback about the technology and its potential applications. This will build and extend the industrial network of the participants and allows them to gather valuable information from potential partners or customers. It will also build the entrepreneurial spirit of the participants to approach people from various backgrounds and seniority levels, and will also further expand the network of interactions between the Faculty of Medicine and industrial sectors.
The combination of hands-on teamwork and workshops will provide participants with a unique opportunity to develop their entrepreneurial skills with a real-world problem to solve. This approach will give future alumni the basic tools and enthusiastic mind-set to subsequently join a start-up company as a founder or employee, or use these skills in the academic or industrial world. Participants and inventors may also decide to create spin-off companies following their work during the i-Team projects.
Why participate ?
- Have fun and work with other students from diverse fields at Campus Biotech - Geneva, meetings are once a week Tuesdays during lunch time (12h-14h with a complimentary lunch).
- Contribute to translation of ideas into innovations, which could improve the quality of life for patients around the globe.
- Work as part of a motivated team, learning innovation, product development techniques, and entrepreneurial skills.
- Meet leaders and make contacts from the Health Valley private industries and academic centers.
- Obtain business experience in the industrial developmental process in the private sector.
- Earn 2.0 external credits (2 ECTS) toward your study program (depending on the cursus).