The second Swiss Genomics Forum I #SGF21 I organized by the Health 2030 Genome Center, will bring together researchers, clinicians, patient communities, and other stakeholder groups to meet and discuss the future of genomics.
The following themes will be explored at the SGF2021:
- Genomics: opportunities and challenges
- Diseases: latest genomics-based diagnostic and therapeutic approaches
- Personalized Health: relevance and impact of genomic medicine
- Data: legal and ethical issues around sharing patient data
- Collaboration: strategic partnerships
Background of the event:
Genomic analysis is at the forefront of research and clinical developments around the world. Leading countries in research including the USA and the UK have made substantial public and private investments in developing sequencing capacity and the necessary data analysis tools for research and clinical use.
Existing genome centers with ambitious projects have offered exceptional resources to the research and clinical communities and have led efforts to integrate genome sequencing in clinical practice.
As genome analysis becomes commonplace in research and clinics, Switzerland has much to offer in terms of scientific strength, quality of its healthcare system (including universal coverage), and detailed patient phenotyping.
In participating in our event, you will be granted 6 credits from the Swiss Society of Medical Genetics. For students, 1 ECTS with a poster/flash talk or 0.5 ECTS without.
09:00 Registration & Welcome Coffee
10:00 – 10:15 Swiss Genomics Opening – Welcome Address
10:15 – 11:45 Invited keynote speakers
- Caroline Samer, University of Geneva, CH TBC
- Tuuli Lappalainen, Columbia University Department of Systems Biology, New York, USA
- Samuli Ripatti, University of Helsinki, Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland
11:45 – 13:00 Lunch Break and Poster Session
13:00 – 14:30 Invited keynote speakers
- Effy Vayena, ETH Zürich, CH
- Michael Inouye, University of Cambridge, UK
- Nicholas Katsanis, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, USA
14:30 – 15:00 Coffee break
15:00 – 15:30 Flash talks based on abstract selection
15:30 – 16:15 Panel Discussion: tbd
16:15 – 17:00 Panel Discussion: tbd
17:00 – 18:30 Cocktail Dinner